Self-care resources to cope with the COVID-19 pandemic
In these times of quarantine and self-isolation, we know that staying at home can impact our mental and physical health. Though our personal situations vary, one thing that keeps us together and united as women is solidarity and the sharing of techniques to manage this particularly difficult event.
Below is the list of resources from EWL (European Women’s Lobby) that you might find useful.
Wishing you safety and good health!
- ENoMW guidelines “taking care of yourself during quarantine”: English, Français, Español, Português, Italiano and Русский.
- Here you can find an article providing you some tips to help you live through spiralling, negative thoughts;
- to manage some of your feelings you can try to create an art journal (FR).
- EMDR Europe’s guidelines on the psychological aspects of the corona outbreak can be found here.
- Find the guidelines for children from that same association.
This video takes you through the three stages of stress and teaches you exercises to release stress from your body. On Facebook, you can find a live class every Monday at 20h15 CET and on Youtube you can find official demonstrations of seven Tension and Trauma Releasing Exercises. Each morning, if you have the time and space, do a morning stretch to wake up your body and mind.